Julie has a keen and active interest in community safety and preventing crime and anti-social behaviour, and is horrified at the appalling level of local and national policing cuts.
- I want to see more police on our streets, not fewer.
- We all want and deserve a safe community to live in, but this government’s policy is putting that at risk.
- As a councillor, I’ll battle for improving support services for young parents and our elderly residents.
- I’ll work to get the best for our schools – well managed and properly funded.
- And I’ll make sure we are getting the best healthcare in our community. Our marvellous NHS is under great strain. We hear about it almost daily these days, but Labour will always defend the NHS.
- And Birmingham is being hit yet again by cuts from central government that are disproportionate and just unfair.
“With Labour, I’m determined to continue to defend services like free school meals and our commitment to build more new council homes. As your councillor, I’ll be there fighting for you.”